Sunday 17 March 2013

Useful things I learned from Pinterest

Have you ever had someone tell you some advice on something, and now you don't know how you ever did that task WITHOUT that info? Well since having become a Pinterest member like millions of other people in this world, that is happening to me quite often now! Here are a few of my favourite things I have learnt from Pinterest!

www.landeeseelandeedo.com
1. If you have a sick kiddo the days tend to blur together, so remembering if they've had their twice daily dose of medicine can be tricky, especially with multiple care givers involved! I saw this lovely idea while pregnant! When your kiddo is sick and they're prescribed medicine make a little table directly on the bottle or box that the medicine came in of each day they should be taking it, and how many doses a day they need, each time they take their dose mark it off! Voila! No more "Honey did you give the baby his medicine yet?" You already know!


tumblr.com/
2. With a messy, teething, drooling infant in the house, bibs are a very popular accessory! Now keeping track of all these bibs is kind of a pain. So we have a dedicated spot for the meal time bibs, our kiddo has a couple special meal time bibs- those ones with the pockets, and they just wipe clean! Rather than store them in a drawer or cupboard we hook them on the back of the highchair like so! A sticky backed hook from the local store does the trick and no loose bibs laying around.



3. If you have a family (or even just a husband or wife) you likely have TONS of important documents to keep track of. Insurance cards, social security cards, marriage certificates, diplomas, degrees, home/renter's insurance, auto insurance, and the list goes on. I've got all those too, for myself, my husband, and our son. I had a file box for them all, but no way to organise within the files. I saw this (http://kimmccrary.blogspot.com/2011/01/life-story-binder.html#.UUZehHFcKKg) on Pinterest when my son was just a couple months old, and I started our "Family Binder" then, he is now almost 1 year old and it has saved my sanity many times over! I made tabs for each of us and made copies of all our important documents, sometimes I just used the originals (but for things like social security cards and birth certificates I would just use copies and store the originals in a fire proof safe) and sorted them into their respective owner's section of the binder. I even went through the suggestions list of things to add (https://www.box.com/shared/qy19tjx4gk) and made sure everything we might need was included. I also keep information handouts our son's doctor gives us in it. It's a great resource and if you ever need to evacuate your home for any reason, all your info is in one spot (sometimes two if you have the fire proof safe) no rushing to gather random envelopes of papers. It's a great thing and only took me about an hour to put together, and it's super easy to update if needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment