Monday 4 March 2013

Sun Burn Treatment

The single most effective way to get rid of a sunburn. You'll be glad you pinned this come Summertime.
http://www.instructables.com/
After a fun weekend at a local festival with my family I came home full of regret. The day was cloudy and although I already knew that clouds offer no protection from UV rays and had adamantly spent the day reapplying sunscreen on my boys and forcing their hats on to their heads, I failed to protect myself.
By night fall my skin was glowing in the dark and extremely irritated almost to the point of blistering. After itching and hurting all day, I searched Pinterest and came across a pin that had very positive feed back for many people.
The simple treatment involved applying cooled black tea to the burnt skin and leaving it on the skin over night.
Please follow the instructions provided on the link and never apply hot water onto burnt skin. This treatment is only suitable for mild burns, if you are suffering from bad burns please seek medical advice.
The immediate result was a cooling feeling, however when dressing after the treatment the scratching of material quickly returned the irritation. I did however notice that the skin became much easier to bend. And although the strong teas smell was present while applying, as it dried into the skin the smell either disappeared or a became used to it, to the point that I no longer noticed it.
The next morning I was slightly disappointed that I didn't have the remarkable results promised but there was definitely more of an improvement than there would have been had I done nothing. Still dark pink and slightly irritated by touch but my skin had certainly gotten its stretch back.
If I am silly enough to find myself in the situation again I would be please to try applying the treatment the first night of the burn and see if it was more effective as it took very little effort to do and did no harm.



No comments:

Post a Comment