Sunday 10 March 2013

Churro Waffles

I just want to start off by saying these waffles were disappointing, I was expecting a lot better but they were decent and got eaten anyways.
Here is the original pin: http://chicachocolatina.blogspot.ca/2013/01/churro-waffles.html

<---- This is the picture from the pin. looks amazing doesn't it? I will explain my two main issues with this recipe.
1) The waffles themselves were very dry, probably because the amount of cinnamon in the batter. The recipe states "3shakes of cinnamon plus "  for the batter....what does that even mean?! I think the size of shakes depends on the person.
2) "Once fully cooked immediately pour melted butter on each side of the waffle and than dip each buttered side into your cinnamon/sugar churro mixture."  sounds easy enough right? wrong. dipping the butter covered waffle in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar just made a clumpy mess so I ended up having to scoop the mixture over the waffle and it just settled into the craters of the waffle.


To be honest, this recipe was more of a pain than it was worth. Here is my final product (without the cinnamon/sugar mixture on top because I froze these ones for future breakfasts)
 
One more tip: Do not fill the waffle iron too much or this happens...
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment