Wednesday 27 February 2013

Rainbow Cake

Striking! What child could not look at this cake and gasp "Wow!" It give the appearance that a master of the kitchen has spent vast amounts of time creating this work of art. A foot tall and 6 brilliant colour!
Actually to be honest this cake is quite simple to make and although it does take several hours to create, most of that time is the cake baking itself in the oven.
I took a read of the instructions from the pin and took the following out of it: use food gel not food colouring, divide each cake batch into two separate tins to colour and bake and stack using icing.
I decided to use my own recipe for a butter cake and instead of using jelly beans, I chose to used my sons favourite, chocolate. Chocolate button, chocolate drops and chocolate M&Ms!
After stacking the cake four high, I had to wait about 10 minutes for the icing to set before stacking the next layer without it sliding. It also used a lot of icing to do all the cake. Other than that it was pretty simple. And when we cut into the cake I couldn't have been more pleased!

Here is my son's 3rd birthday cake.

Thank you to The Imagination Tree for a wonderful idea


No comments:

Post a Comment